Import users from CSV Files
It's a two steps process for FaxMind to import users from a CSF
file. First, you need to prepare and verify your CSV file. Next,
simply choose the file to perform the importing.
- Preparing your CSV file
Please ensure that your CSV is a valid CSV format. A good way to
check is to import your file into Microsoft Excel and see if the
data is as expected. This is also a good opportunity to do any
massaging of the data, if you wish. The CSV file must contain a
heading row. For example, here is a valid file with two sample
Email, Full Name, Extension, Mobile, Phone, Fax, Address, Zip Code,
Website, Job Title, Priority, Permissions
David@example.com, David Yuan, 801, +188687654321, 886-844-1111,
886-844-2222, ZIPCODE, http://www.faxmind.com, Sales Manager, 1,
Ben@example.com, Ben, 802, , , , , , , 1, 15
The value of priority can be from 0 through 2 (Low, Normal, High)
and the permission must be 15.
Click here to download a sample
- Importing the CSV file
- Navigate to Accounts tab.
- Click Import... button in
Export/Import Tools group on toolbar to open the
Import User Account Wizard.
- Select Import users from CSV/VCF file option,
and click open button and locate the CSV files you want to import,
- Click Next to continue, set the delimiters you
data contains if needed.
- Click Next to start importing.
- Finally, the wizard will display a brief summary of, click
OK to close.
- All imported users will be stored in a new department called:
YYYY-MM-DD and can be renamed later.
- You can select to import CSV and vCards files at a same
- Duplicate email address will be skipped.
|Copyright © 2007-2013 Sunking Software